Her name comes from the Latin term for “light.” Diocletian, meanwhile, is regarded as one of the more successful Roman emperors after Christ’s birth. Patrick’s Academy, is nearby, the sign on the facade giving a clue about the original name of the parish.
It is a handsome red-brick building dating from the looks of things to the 1890-1915 period.
In 1843 Bishop Hughes appointed the first pastor, the Reverend Hugh Maguire.…are separated by some fresh krapp: Clinton Hill Village, a gated cul-de-sacked cluster of Fedderzation at 963-965. There are exactly 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 possibilities, which is approximately forty-three ? To put this into perspective, if every permutation of a 57-?millimeter Rubik’s Cube were lined up end to end, it would stretch out approximately 261 ? Alternatively, if laid out on the ground, this is enough to cover the earth with Rubik’s cubes 275 thick.On the SW corner of Willoughby and Kent Avenues we find the red-bricked Romanesque Church of St. Patrick (with a hyphen and not an “and” between.) The building combines the parishes of St. Patrick’s parish: “Back in the early [eighteen] forties there was an old public roadhouse on the Newtown Road, now Flushing Ave, kept by a Mrs. In the coffee-room of this tavern the need of a Catholic church in the growing district of the Wallabout was frequently discussed.Encouraged by the splendid results which had followed the erection of the Church of St Mary’s in the neighboring village of Williamsburgh, the Catholics of the Wallabout section resolved to have a place of Divine worship of their own.